What Are the Top 7 Frameworks in Python?
There is hardly any doubt that Python currently dominates the world of application and web development. It offers us numerous applications on the platforms we use and is considered to be the most sought after technology over the years. A significant reason for this is that Python comes with a highly progressive aspect, known as the Python Framework which we mentioned in the following paragraphs.
Below, we’ve talked about the seven most popular Python frameworks that will surely get your attention.
This is an open-source framework classified under the category of the full-stack framework. It is scalable, fast and versatile and includes features of routing, authentication, object-relational mapper, template engine, plus database schema migration.
This framework can work with well-known databases such as Oracle, MySQL, SQLite, PostgreSQL and third-party drivers. Django can work flexibly, enabling it to scale from small to complex web applications and develop useful MVPs. It is considered to be the most effective Python framework for machine learning.
- A templating engine
- Database version control
- URL routing
- Support for authentication
- Support for web servers
- Object-relational mapper
- A wide variety of libraries
- Support for globalization
- Helps save your time – Since Django is pre-packaged and can be easily imported when starting a project, there is no need to code basic functionality. Professional Python developers have developed these packages, and therefore, you do not have to spend your time to make sure they are working effectively. Some packages include authentication, session management, and Google Sitemap authentication.
- Strong Community – From beginners to professionals, this structure unites a supportive and solid community that actively works and helps each other to grow and stabilize it. In addition, Django provides extensive documentation, which makes it very easy to understand.
- Scalability – Scalability is an important feature of many projects out there. If you are a startup, this framework will provide the required functionality, allowing you to develop a small project that can be measured when needed. If your web application is experiencing growth, you may be able to handle more user requests with increasing data.
- Django cannot be considered an ideal framework for developing real-time apps.
- It can be monolithic as this framework comes pre-packaged with ready-to-use libraries and features.
This particular structure can be classified under the Micro-Framework group of the Python Framework. Flask helps build a powerful web application base and relies on the Jinja 2 template and the Workzug WSGI toolbox.
Suitable for small-scale projects, it is intended for open-ended applications. It has a debugger and a built-in server for development, with support for unit testing and Google App Engine. Companies like Pinterest and LinkedIn are currently using this framework.
- Inbuilt fast debugger
- An inbuilt development server
- Sending a comfort request
- Unit test support
- HTTP request handling
- Jinja2 templating
- Unicode based
- Supports secure cookies for installing client-side sessions
- WSGI 1.0 compliance
- Straightforward and minimal – this framework helps, it’s fairly easy to understand what processes are run when developing an application with Python.
- Easy to build a prototype fast – Flask comes with all the tools you need for a prototype of a web app. Creating an application using the components available in the framework is quite simple.
- High expertise is required for programming.
This is one of the frameworks that does not work with much complexity. It can accommodate applications of virtually any size and build complex applications while measuring small applications. It also enables URL generation. Databases of this particular framework or templating engine can be mutually swapped. It also comes with decorators and XHR views, with which it will be possible to send Ajax very easily.
- Clarification of asset location within the package
- URL Generation
- Use of renderers and predictors
- Quite flexible and easy to customize – it is possible to swap any component within this framework for another one. You can use multiple components for a specific app or even connect to some completely different databases.
- Supports SQLAlchemy – If your project is SQL-based, SQLAlchemy, a powerful database, will enable you to develop complex queries without any problems.
- It is advisable to spend considerable time preparing tools.
- SQLAlchemy may not be helpful for simple applications.
This particular framework is classified under the micro-framework group used to create APIs. As its name suggests, the scope is very small and helps to create an app with about 500 lines of code. It offers some innovative features like templating, routing, and so much more. It is also an ideal framework for creating personal applications and for prototyping.
- Support for an external template engine
- Plugin support for various databases
- Support for WSGI
- Inbuilt HTTP server
- URL-parameter support
- This framework has got almost everything you need to support small websites and can be implemented with plug-ins.
- Deal only for small web applications
- Limited examples and documents
- Small society
This framework allows developers to quickly create web applications just like any other object-oriented program in Python. It comes with all capabilities like file uploading, session handling, cookies, static content, caching, encoding, authentication etc. CherryPy runs multiple HTTP servers simultaneously on multiple ports.
- Inbuilt plugin system
- Support for simultaneous and multiple HTTP servers
- Configuration system
- Built-in coverage, profiling and testing support
- Production-Ready Server – If you don’t like using “Unicorn”, this framework comes with a production-ready server that can be replaced.
- Dispatcher Patterns – A wide range of functionality is supported by this framework with Dispatcher Patterns.
- There is a significant lack of documentation. While this is a drawback for beginners, it can be a problem when working with any project.
This specific framework comes with a debugger, deployment tool and code editor, which helps in creating and debugging the code, testing and maintaining the application. It also offers a special ticketing system that will issue tickets once an error occurs. Web2py comes with built-in components to handle HTTP responses, requests, sessions and cookies.
- Ability to read multiple protocols
- Backward compatibility
- Support for globalization
- Inbuilt data security
- Role-based access control
- Support for MVC architecture
- Powerful, flexible and scalable – this framework is a wonderful alternative to complex applications with beginner-friendly and simple applications.
- Community Support – It can boast of being a community where you will be helped to learn frameworks or perform more complex tasks.
- A plug-in system that is unpopular.
- Unconventional design patterns.
- Does not support Python 3.
Falcon is ideal for projects that require coding and REST API development. This framework will allow you to create apps with a clean layout, and you don’t need to load a lot of dependencies to create an HTTP API. It also supports Cython, which enables developers to write highly-optimized and extensible codebase.
- Support for Cython
- Intuitive routing
- Idiomatic HTTP error responses
- Upfront exception handling
- A highly-optimized and extensible codebase
- REST-inspired resource classes
- Minimal dependency and lightweight – This framework uses standard libraries, mime parts and sixes, which makes it fairly lightweight.
- Designed for REST APIs – Falcon is used to develop REST APIs and allows developers to make design choices that are not possible with general-purpose frameworks.
- Limited scope
- Minimalist approaches with minimal dependency make this framework opinionable (one should only create REST APIs).
We at Spyhunter IT Solution are known for delivering the best-in-class Python applications using state-of-the-art tools and the innovative Django python web development framework and programming language. Our team of knowledgeable and skilled experts use the innovative and scalable Python application in a timely manner and at a very competitive price.