What is Hybrid App Development? And why should you choose flutter?
Mobile App development is growing so fast and the number of apps in the market is multiplying. To understand how it works, we don’t need projectile science. Near the fourth quarter of 2020, there were 3.14 million apps on Google Play and 2.09 million on the Apple App Store.
Hybrid application development is well done as it is a combination of both native and web solutions where the core of any mobile application is written using web technologies. To begin the process of mobile app development, the first thing to do is to find the right solution for your next application.
Application development depends on the location you choose to outsource app development, your budget, application complexity, timeline, your team’s experience with technology, and, ultimately, many factors involving your target audience. Therefore, with increasing competition, companies are often looking for technologies that can help increase their user base.
What are Hybrid Apps?
Therefore, webpages are covered by Web View as a mobile application in hybrid applications. The hybrid app is a combination of native and mobile apps. If we compare it with other applications, the most useful part of these apps is that they can use the features of any device and have built-in capabilities.
A quick peek into cross-platform applications
When you want to develop an application for your business, you should choose cross-platform development. Due to the unprecedented increase in development costs and rapid market demand, cross-platform application development is worth considering. In addition, to create hybrid apps, cross-platform app development is worth choosing.
Some of the reasons why mobile app development companies create cross-platform apps are easy maintenance and deployment, low development costs, maximum user exposure, fast app development process, reusable code and reduced time-to-market (TTM).
Hybrid apps are a combination of native applications and web application components where they are essentially web applications that are placed in the native application cover.
You must download and install it locally from the App Store; Then, you can see the shell connected through the browser with any capabilities that the mobile platform provides. Here, the browser and its plug-ins run on the back end and are invisible to the end-user.
Hybrid app development is preferred more often because it allows developers to write code for a mobile app at once and adapt to multiple platforms. Hybrid apps may perform slightly slower than the original or web version of the app as they add an extra layer between the source code and the target platform.
Hybrid Mobile Application Development Features
- Integration with mobile device files and web-based services.
- Hybrid applications support portability.
- You can manage multiple hardware and software features using a variety of plugins.
- Cost-effective mobile application development environment.
- Quick and fast way to develop mobile applications with multiple functionalities.
- Ability to work whether the device is connected or not.
- Embedded browser to improve access to dynamic online content.
How do hybrid applications work?
The app can work offline depending on its functionality, but the hybrid app will share similar navigation components. Hybrid apps can also work offline if they do not require database support.
Pros and cons of hybrid application
Pros of hybrid apps include:
- Hybrid apps can work efficiently on different platforms.
- It develops faster than native apps.
- Cost-effective to build compared to creating two versions of the original app.
- Launching patches and updates is much easier with hybrid app development.
- It can work both online and offline.
Cons of hybrid apps include:
- It is necessary to test the application on different devices to ensure proper functioning.
- Variation due to learning development on one platform.
- The UI of a hybrid app may differ from platform to platform.
- User Experience (UX) can fail if the user interface (UI) is not properly and well designed for users’ preferred browsers.
What is Flutter And Why It is important?
Flutter’s product manager, Tim Snath, announced in 2021 that the growing use of flutter is over 2 million. Flutter developers have been using the Flutter toolkit since 2018.
Flutter is an open-source software development tool that allows easy cross-platform mobile application development. The benefits of Flutter are multiple where the developer can help you build high-quality natively compiled apps for iOS and Android. This can be done without writing the code for the two apps individually.
Flutter is used for fast app development where you only need one codebase for both platforms. The Spring Update also shows that it is increasing consumer applications and software application development.
Initially, organizations had to develop two different apps, which meant working twice. With Objective C/Swift and Java/Kotlin as direct languages for mobile development, creating apps was time-consuming and expansive at the same time.
- Flutter is known for its easy integration with Android, Linux, iOS, Mac, Windows and Google applications.
- It is a mobile UI toolkit for creating apps like Native for mobile, web and desktop.
- Flutter uses Dart as programming to include material design and Cupertino widgets.
- Flutter developers can create stunning UIs that look and feel like native apps.
- Flutter applications respond naturally to any platform, even when you use a codebase.
Choosing Flutters for Hybrid Application Development
Spyhunter IT Solution has designed multiple apps in Flutter over the years. With a dedicated team of Flutter developers and designers, we’ve taken advantage of Flutter to develop feature-rich and customized apps for productivity measurement apps, utility apps, on-demand apps, healthcare apps, and more. Despite the short presence of flutter, one has mastered the technology.
If you have a business app idea, let’s discuss creating a competitive flutter app contact our tech experts.